TemplateMonster.com Case Study
Description: Template Monster is a world leader in e-commerce – providing customers with valuable, convenient, relevant and enjoyable online experiences through a diversity of products and services. The main orientation of the company is web design with an emphasis on affordable web design products and services. We pioneered in creating and selling high quality website templates. The template library is currently the largest on the Internet, with over 20,000 website template designs.
Template Monster started working with NetDNA in 2009, wanting to replace a custom setup to increase performance while lowering overall hosting costs. The custom setup was made of some co-located servers and some dedicated servers. While evaluating solutions, Template Monster determined they needed a CDN that could speed up their site to increase conversions.
After reviewing TemplateMonster’s original hosting, NetDNA identified a number of vital concerns that needed to be addressed in with the CDN hosting:
- Need to migrate a complex custom infrastructure
- Requirement for 100% uptime
- Requirement to have fast loading static elements to increase sales conversions
- Need to decrease page load time in preparation for Google PageRank modifications
NetDNA provideded a combination of:
- Automatic high-throughput memory-based edge caching of TemplateMonster static file
- Compression on all static elements
- A simple, one stop solution rather than multiple providers and dedicated servers
Among the initial achievements within months of launching TemplateMonster on NetDNA:
- Only 1 bill and vendor to work with – NetDNA.
- Nearly 200% speed up